Best Tips for the Ultimate Foot Care Guide This Summer
It's Summer! Which means it's time to hunt for our favourite sandals, espadrilles & wedges - and give our feet some attention! Designer Lisa Kay has listed her 10 Top Tips of how to care for your feet so that you can feel comfortable and confident this summer:
- Visit a podiatrist. -We spend long hours walking/standing and yet our feet don't get the routine check-up that they may require. If your feet are hurting or you'd like a some professional advice, do visit your local podiatrist.
- Wash your feet daily. -Use a gentle soap and warm water and dry them thoroughly, paying special attention to the area between the toes.
- Use a foot file. -Use it twice a week on dry skin - remember to be gentle! Always moisturise your feet afterwards. If you have particularly dry skin, moisturise every day or every other day.
- Cut your toe nails in a natural line. -Not straight across. Be careful not to cut too much, especially at the sides, to avoid nail trauma or ingrowing toe nails.
- Treat yourself to a pedicure. -Enjoy a relaxing treatment performed by a professional! If you paint your toe nails at home, always remember to use a good base coat to prevent nail discolouration. We like Cowshed Spa on Carnaby Street.
- Avoid walking barefoot in public places. -Especially in communal changing rooms and by the side of swimming pools. Instead, wear flip-flops to avoid picking up any infections.
- Always wear shoes with leather lining. -So that your feet can breathe and to reduce the risk of your shoes rubbing when your feet become warm.
- Wear different heel heights. -It's all about variety! Varying the height of your shoes is good for your muscles. If you wear heels all the time, your calf muscles can become shortened and likewise if you wear flats all the time, you muscles will always be extended.
- Make sure you wear the right size shoes.-It sounds like an obvious point but many of us are wearing shoes that aren't the correct size which can result in long term health problems. The best time to shop for footwear is in the afternoon, as everyone’s feet swell slightly during the course of the day. Interestingly, 60% of people have one foot bigger that the other, so buy shoes which comfortably accommodate your biggest foot.
- Wear comfortable shoes with the right support! -If you are among the 10 million women in the UK who suffer from bunions, buy shoes which accommodate them. Our sister brand Sole Bliss shoes have been especially designed for bunion sufferers who are looking for the same fashionable footwear styling that non-sufferers are accustomed to. A wide fit, deep toe box and an invisible stretch panel accommodate and support your bunions and 3 layers of underfoot memory foam provide ultimate cushioning and comfort.
1. Visit a podiatrist regularly to maintain feet health
2. Deep clean your feet daily
3. Use a foot file and don't forget to moisturise
4. Maintain a foot care routine including your cutting toe nails
5. Treat yourself to a pedicure
6. Avoid walking barefoot in public places
7. Wear shoes with leather lining
8. Wear different heel heights to work your muscles
9. Wear the right size shoe for your feet
10. Wear comfortable shoes with the right support for your feet.
And there you have the best foot care regime to keep your feet beautiful and healthy this summer.
Update your shoedrobe with Lisa Kay London's latest collection for the ultimate comfort and elegance!